My favorite part about “class” this week was summed up perfectly by Gabby’s tweet:
The highlight of my week has to be reading all of the names for phobias #ds106
— Gabby Christie (@christie_gabby) September 4, 2015
That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed every assignment I did this week.
For the daily creates I decided to do the Rambo coloring page, the British slang, and the toast ones. For the Rambo coloring page I began coloring in the trees and leaves and decided to draw Bloody Face’s mask on Rambo’s face. Then I did the British slang daily create, in which I took a scene from Star Trek Into Darkness and wrote the script for it while including 9 of the 30 British slang words we were to educate ourselves with. For the last daily create I took a picture of my breakfast, toast, and drew Ariel’s hair and bow on it to make it fish on toast. I enjoyed the daily creates because each task I had to combine doing something I love with something that I had never done before.
For the assignment bank posts I chose to do two 3 stars and one 2 star assignments. For one of the 3 stars I did the color changer visual assignment, in which I took a picture and had to change the colors in someway to make it look different. I chose to use a picture I took of the Indian Memorial at the Little Bighorn National Park and changing it to black and white to make it look like it is in the winter. Then I did the 2 star design assignment, for which I went to NikeID.com and designed a pair of Women’s Nike Free 5.0 running shoes. For the last 3 star assignment, I made a Pinterest board with pictures of my dream vacation. On my board were 51 pictures of every capital building for each state, including the national capital building. I loved working on these assignments because they allowed me to see how doing different assignments can teach you different ways of telling stories.
After reading the “Web 2.0 Storytelling” and “Open-Sourcing Horror” articles I realized how much storytelling has changed over time and love that we have endless possibilities open to us as internet users. I also appreciated watching the Twilight Zone’s “Living Doll”, Night Gallery’s “The Doll”, and Trilogy of Terror’s “Amelia”. These older horror films showcase the building blocks of horror and display how far horror has come since these films were made.
Since I had already customized my blog, after getting caught up in it after creating my blog, I only had to activate the suggested plugins. After having the plugins activated for two days it has already automatically blocked 17 spam comments. It makes controlling the comments that people write on my page easier and hassle-free. I can’t wait to start the assignments for next week.
For links to all of my recent posts, check below:
- Changes in storytelling: http://bloodyface.artismyescape.com/uncategorized/has-storytelling-changed-over-time/
- Toast daily create: http://bloodyface.artismyescape.com/uncategorized/fish-on-toast/
- Web assignment: http://bloodyface.artismyescape.com/uncategorized/around-the-us/
- British slang daily create: http://bloodyface.artismyescape.com/uncategorized/british-star-trek/
- Nikes design assignment: http://bloodyface.artismyescape.com/uncategorized/my-new-nikes/
- Little bighorn visual assignment: http://bloodyface.artismyescape.com/uncategorized/winter-at-little-bighorn/
- Rambo daily create: http://bloodyface.artismyescape.com/uncategorized/bloody-face-meets-rambo/
- Pediophobia films: http://bloodyface.artismyescape.com/uncategorized/pediophobia-films/